Friday, January 30, 2009

Christmas Eve

Okay, so it has only taken me a month, but I AM going to get all of our updates posted today if it is the last thing I do! :)

Way back a month ago, we had a little holiday called Christmas. This year was Zack's first Christmas, and it was a great one!

All of our celebrating started on Christmas Eve. Because we were traveling for most of the holiday, we had our own family celebration at home early in the day. A few days before Christmas, we took Brandon and Evan to the local dollar store to pick out some gifts for everyone in the family. Their gifts were so cute! It was interesting to shop with them and help them to realize they were not buying gifts for themselves. Helping three-year-olds focus on the wants and needs of others is no easy task! :)

Here is Brandon giving his dad part of his present - a super-sized High School Musical pen. Perfect for the home or office, don't you think?! :)

Here I am opening gifts with the fellas.

Later in the day, we made our way to my grandma's house for our Christmas Eve dinner. We had a great time visiting with the family. My cousin Jenn also as boys, and Mason, Aiden, Brandon, and Evan had a great time playing together. Great-grandma got all four boys super hero capes for Christmas, which Brandon and Evan have been loving. Here is a pic of Evan and Mason with their capes...


After Great-grandma's house, Brandon and Evan made their way back to Papa John and Grandma Rose's house to go to bed while Steve, Zack, and I headed off to church. I guess I shouldn't have been surprised when we arrived at 9:20pm to two boys still awake and excited. I don't think they got to sleep until after 10pm. Here are Brandon and Evan in their Christmas jammies, excited for Christmas morning to come.

No comments: