Thursday, June 12, 2008

Happy Birthday, Steve!

This post is a little late in coming - sorry!

Last Wednesday, June 4th, was Steve's birthday. We made sure to celebrate in style! For lunch, Brandon, Evan, and I visited Steve at Kraft so that we could check out where he works and meet some of his co-workers. I am happy to say that it seems like a really fun place to work! All of the brand managers in the different departments have boxes from their product up, posters, etc. I am sure it is all for something more useful than decoration, but I thought it was pretty cool!

After checking out the new work diggs, we went out to lunch at Wildfire. Evan and Brandon did great at lunch, and we all had a wonderful time. Here is a picture of the fellas celebrating together.


In the afternoon, I helped Evan and Brandon to make and decorate a poster for their daddy for his birthday to hang in our dining room. We downloaded and colored lots of birthday pictures, too!


That evening, Wayne and Jane took the four of us out to dinner with Katie to celebrate the big day. We checked out Fuego Mexican Restaurant in downtown Arlington Heights after many recommendations, and it was delicious! Somehow, I missed taking pictures of our dinner party. :( However, let me assure you we all had a great time!

After dinner, Wayne, Jane and Katie came back to our place to have some cake and ice cream. Jane made a lemon cake that was delicious, and she did a fantastic job using her newly-acquired cake decorating skills - the cake was gorgeous!

Evan, Steve, and Brandon blowing out the birthday candles

No comments: