In honor of the giant celebration that is a sixth anniversary, I wanted to share some pictures with everyone out there of Steve and I over the last ten years. Grab onto your seats - it is going to get crazy! :)
May, 1998
Steve and I headed off to senior prom. Ahh the memories of the limo, dinner at Benni Hanna, and the exciting trip to watch Steve play in a tennis tournament the next day. :)
Steve and I headed off to senior prom. Ahh the memories of the limo, dinner at Benni Hanna, and the exciting trip to watch Steve play in a tennis tournament the next day. :)

October, 1999
This picture is from Sigma Tau Gamma's barn dance, just one of many fun college memories. Actually, the worst part of that night was that I set up for our good friend Nick to go to the dance with one of the girls in my pledge class at my sorority that I had just met. During all of our discussions to set up the barn dance date, she never mentioned that she had a boyfriend, but she didn't neglect to mention it to Nick over and over that night. It is a miracle he still speaks to me. :)

July, 2000
This picture is of Steve and I at the top of the Duomo in Florence. This trip to Italy during our study abroad trip to London that summer ranks as one of my favorite trips ever.

August, 2000
This picture was taken in Washington, D.C., at the Sigma Tau Gamma national conclave right after I had been named their national White Rose Queen. Yes, that's right, I was a fraternity national queen for a year. It was a demanding job, but someone's got to do it. Plus, look what a fantastic escort I got! :)

April, 2002
Before our wedding, Steve and I thought it would be a good idea to get the entire wedding party together to hang out so that everyone could get to know each other before the big day. We went on a bar crawl in November of 2001 which was a huge success. So much so, in fact, that we decided to have another one in April, complete with "Ball and Chain" t-shirts. Ahh, the memories of Nick downing full bottles of ranch dressing at the White Horse... twice.

June 8, 2002
Yes, here it is folks, the reason for this whole post - our wedding. What can I say? It was the best day ever. :)

March, 2003
On the way home from a trip to visit Nama and Ga in Phoenix, Steve and I voluntarily bumped ourselves from a flight home so that we could get free tickets for another trip. Unfortunately, the original itinerary home that we were promised when we volunteered to be bumped was not available when the ticket agent went to print our tickets. We got to fly from Phoenix to San Francisco and then have eight hours there before flying back to Chicago on a red eye flight from which Steve got to go directly to work the next morning. We did make the most of our time in San Francisco by taking in many of the major sights in a matter of hours - here we are on a cable car.

April, 2004
This is a picture from a trip to Sedona, Arizona, while visiting Nama and Ga. I love it because we both look so genuinely happy. Who wouldn't be happy when you got to go offroading with a Buick Park Avenue?! :)

May 22, 2005
This day was awesome because not only did I finish my masters degree, but Steve and I got to tell our families that we were expecting a baby! We didn't find out until the next Friday that it was actually twins! :)

August, 2006
This picture is from the Ross Welcome Picnic in Ann Arbor, one of our first activities together at the school. It marked the beginning of a great two years, and it really shows how teeny the boys were when we started off on that crazy journey!

May, 2007
Steve and I were able to take a fantastic weeklong trip to Madrid last May thanks to my parents being willing to take on the fellas for a week (with lots of help from Grandma Jane, too!). It was a great trip for us, a real chance to rejuvenate!
We are both so excited to see what adventures the future has in store!

2 comments:
I absolutely LOVE this post! Congrats you two!!!
You are so great to take the time to share that with us. How cute!!!
Post a Comment