Sunday, May 2, 2010

Waterlogged

Poor Franklin is in bad shape today. Over the last 24 hours, we have gotten close to a foot of rain, maybe more, and there is no reprieve today. The Harpeth River was 5 feet over flood stage at 5am this morning, and things are expected to get to record levels today. We have a little creek here by our house that has completely overflowed, too. Here are a few pictures to give you an idea of what is going on.

Aspen Grove Park on Friday

Aspen Grove Park on Saturday evening

Those two white poles sticking up on the right side of the picture are holding up the bench swing that I was sitting on to take the picture the day before.

I have no idea how bad things are now, but I expect much worse. I have heard of people who have lost their homes in our town.

We are very fortunate. The apartment building we are in is at the top of hill. But please keep Franklin and all of Tennessee in your prayers over the next few days.

No comments: