Sunday, March 29, 2009

Random Updates from Arlington Heights

  • Quiet time has gotten a TON better in the last week or so. The big change? We pushed the time back by an hour, so the boys are going down around 1:45pm. It has made all the difference in the world, and they are consistently sleeping for at least 1.5 hours. We will see how long it lasts...
  • Last night, Brandon picked up my camera, turned it on, and took a picture, all in the span of about 5 seconds. When I downloaded pictures to my computer this morning, I found about 20 pictures he had taken on Wednesday evening. I guess I need to start hiding it better, eh? I will post some of his pictures soon. :)
  • Zack had been having an awful time sleeping recently, I think due to a combo cold and stomach virus which led to poor sleep. So this week we stayed home quite a bit to work on naps, and things seem to have improved. As his cold got worse, we also cranked the humidifier in his room and propped up the head of his bed, both of which seem to have helped his nighttime sleep, as he is back to getting up just once a night around 4:30am, and he even slept until 5:45am on Tuesday night! Hopefully this is an upward trend.
  • I think I have blogged before about the fact that we have been getting water in our family room and basement when it rains. Well, finally sick of pulling up the carpet, we called someone out to look at the problem. While we figured there was water coming over the foundation wall (which is actually the problem in the basement), the man who came out immediately thought we had a crack in the foundation in our family room. Pulling the paneling off the wall and pulling out the insulation revealed he was right. The company will be coming out to fill the cracks from the inside, as well as fix a window well that isn't draining, hopefully some time next week. Isn't it funny how the previous owners never had any water problems, and the foundation cracked and leaked, the window well clogged up, and water came over the foundation in the basement especially for us?
  • We are all ready for spring. We got to go to the zoo with some friends this week, and we were blessed with weather that was 60 degrees and sunny. It is so nice to have weather in which the boys can get outside to run! It might snow tonight - boo!
  • Zack's hair is getting lighter. In the little bald spot on the back of his head, the hair is really blonde. It is so funny to see on our little baby that started out with dark brown hair!
  • Last month, I started really working harder to get back into shape. I joined Lifetime Fitness in Schaumburg and have been trying to get there a few times a week. I am also working on my running, and was excited to run over three miles last week when I just went out for a run in the morning. I am hoping to build up my distance soon. Now if only someone would donate a jogging stroller to Zack and me... :)
  • Evan and Brandon have been taking gymnastics classes every Wednesday since early January. They are doing such a great job, and it is fun to see how far they have come since class started. Last week, I watched them walk across a balance beam, independently somersault down a mat, and do tricks on the parallel bars. They are such big boys!
  • Still no teeth for Zack. I am now picturing his first birthday pictures without any teeth. :)

1 comment:

Megan Maynor said...

Yay for more sleep--at naptime and overnight. Yay! Also, you just went for a run and ran three miles? You beat my lifetime running record without even trying. :)