Thursday, July 17, 2008

Arlington Heights Frontier Days

Somehow I missed blogging about this, so sorry it is a little behind!

On the 5th of July, we headed to the Arlington Heights Frontier Days Festival. It is one of the largest community festivals I have ever been to, with tons of rides and games, big wheel races, bands, crafts, and the typical carnival fare of footlong hot dogs, elephant ears, and funnel cakes.

We hit the carnival in the morning to give the kids a chance to ride all of the rides and play some games. It was a blast, although we were surprised at how many of the "kid" rides the boys still couldn't ride at 36 inches. Here are some of the highlights of our fun morning...

Brandon, Steve, and Evan in a bear ride that spun around like the teacups at Disney World

Evan and Brandon on a boat ride

The requisite carousel picture. This puppy was FAST! I am so, so glad that I didn't ride because it would not have ended well. Brandon and Evan loved it, though!

Brandon and Evan won swords when they played some games with their dad. Now that they have been back at our house, the swoards have become sleds, boats, skis, and skateboards. :)

Brandon was willing to try out a kiddo roller coaster (his brother hit the funnel cakes with me). Brandon did really well, but it was a pretty shaky ride, and he was definitely ready to get off by the end.

Before leaving Frontier Days, the fellas all hit the carousel one more time. Both of the boys kept looking at themselves in the mirror during the ride! Here is a picture of Brandon caught in the act.

1 comment:

Elise said...

I SO hear you about all the "late" blog entries! The stories are fun to read whenever they're posted. :)