Monday, February 11, 2008

All's Quiet on the Michigan Front

Well, it has been a quiet week! Our family has been trying to enjoy the last few weeks of time here in Ann Arbor. We have barely even taken any pictures!

The excitement since my last post involved a great visit with Papa John and Grandma Rose this past weekend! It was so great of them to trek through the FRIGID weather to come visit us one last time before graduation and to treat us to such great food, too!

One of the highlights of the trip was an exchange of Valentine's Day presents. Papa John and Grandma Rose came loaded down with candy for the fellas and their Mama, which we ALL appreciate! :) Here are some pictures of the valentine exchange. (I apologize to my parents for posting pictures of them so soon after getting out of bed!)

Evan and Brandon getting chocolate covered Oreos from Papa John

Grandma Rose giving the fellas each TWO chocolate suckers!

We were sad to see the first step of our big move to Illinois come to pass yesterday. Benny and Roy, our two wonderful kitties, went back with my parents. They will be living in New Lenox from now until the beginning of May. I already miss them. Benny has been especially nice to me over the past week, following me around everywhere, and so I keep thinking that I see him out of the corner of my eye. (Maybe he just could sense I was getting ready to send him back to live with crazy Isana?!) A huge thanks goes to my parents for again hosting my cats for an extended period of time - hopefully this will be it!

Brandon and Evan are continuing to grow and change day by day, and I think the place where we see the most constant change is with language. Last Wednesday night, Steve took the fellas to the Hands-On Museum for a special night with lots of animals. When Brandon was trying to tell me about feeding a bunny the next morning, he kept saying "money." When I finally figured out what the heck he was trying to say, I told him how bunny starts with a "buh" sound and then articulated "bunny." He repeated it to me: "buh-money." It was too cute. However, somewhere along the line he absorbed the lesson because he pointed out a bunny in a book to Grandma Rose this weekend and actually said bunny!

Evan has continued to be the more reserved and emotional of the two boys. Just today, he and I had a "bonk" where his knee ran straight into my shin. I said something like, "Ouch! That hurt my leg! How is your knee?" He, so sweetly, gave me a kiss on my leg and said, "All better, Mommy."

Because I have a distinct lack of pictures this week, I am going to let Brandon and Evan share some pictures with you! They got some great cameras from Papa John and Grandma Rose on Christmas. They are built specifically for kids. Although the picture quality isn't that fantastic, it really is all that we need. When they first got their cameras, Evan and Brandon needed a lot of help figuring out how to aim the camera, but they are getting better at that every day. Of course, we had a lot of pictures that looked something like these...



(Yes, those are Brandon's feet)

Even so, they did get some really great shots, and so I am excited to share them with you! I hope that we will get to share some more pictures from Brandon and Evan's perspective soon!

1 comment:

Kerri said...

Ok, you sound like you're gone already, and it's making me nervous :( Those were some great shots! What fun.