Sunday, July 18, 2010

Preschool Lists

I have been meaning to publish this post for a while, so I apologize. 

Towards the end of the preschool year (back in May), the boys filled out quite a few fill-in-the-blank surveys for their teacher, which she then shared with us.  They are all so sweet and lovely and will make such wonderful memories, I had to share them with you. 

The first set was from Mothers' Day.  Brandon and Evan needed to answer some questions about their mom.  Some of them are spot on, and some of them are really funny.  I put the boys' answers in italics

*****

EVAN'S Q&A ABOUT MOM
My mom's name is Sara.
My Mom is 30 years old.
My Mom's favorite color is purple.
My Mom loves to go shopping at Kroger. (This is our local grocery store.)
Mom's favorite place to eat is at restaurants without toys.
Mom likes to buy me special drinks like pop.
My Mom's job is making diapers.
My Mom loves me because I'm her son.
My Mom thinks it's funny when she tickles me.
My Mom tells me over and over again to turn off the TV.

BRANDON'S Q&A ABOUT MOM
My Mom's name is Sara.
My Mom is 30 years old.
My Mom's favorite color is purple.
My Mom loves to go shopping at Kroger.
Mom's favorite place to eat is Chick-fil-A. (Not so much... we have actually only been there once!)
Mom likes to buy me toys.
My Mom's job is making diapers.
My Mom loves me because I'm her sweetheart.
My Mom thinks it's funny when she hears something funny on TV.
My Mom tells me over and over again to brush my teeth.

*****

Of course, things wouldn't be fair if the boys only got to fill out a question and answer about Mom.  They did a dad survey, too, which is equally as cute.

*****

EVAN'S Q&A ABOUT DAD
My Dad's Name is Steve.
My Dad is 29 years old.
My Dad is a pet food seller.
My Dad loves it when I clean up my toys.
My Daddy's favorite food is pizza.
My Dad's favorite sport is tennis.
My Dad and I like to lay together.
I like it when my Dad takes me to Goofballs.
Daddy likes to take me to restaurants.
If my Dad had a superpower, it would be invisibility.

BRANDON'S Q&A ABOUT DAD
My Dad's Name is Steve.
My Dad is 29 years old.
My Dad is a pet food maker.
My Dad loves it when I do my chores in the morning.
My Daddy's favorite food is enchiladas.
My Dad's favorite sport is tennis.
My Dad and I like to go to cool places together.
I like it when my Dad takes me to Go Bananas.
Daddy likes to take me to the zoo.
If my Dad had a superpower, it would be jumping high.

*****

On the last day of school, the boys' teacher, Mrs. Elizabeth, presented them with a little book she made to help remember the year.  In it, each of the boys completed a Q & A about themselves as well.  So. Darn. Cute.  I just love the snapshot of their lives that these show.  And, in case you didn't know, I am going to have A LOT of grandchildren. :)

*****

EVAN'S Q&A ABOUT HIMSELF - March 10, 2010
My favorite color is red and green.
My favorite food is cinnamon pretzel.
My favorite book is Spiderman Flying High.
My favorite movie is Madagascar.
My favorite friend is Lucas.
My favorite toys is my Hot Wheels car.
My favorite animal is a giraffe.
When I grow up, I want to be a sports player because I really like to play sports.
I will probably make $50 a year.
I think I will get married.
I want to have 8 children.

BRANDON'S Q&A ABOUT HIMSELF - March 10, 2010
My favorite color is blue and orange.
My favorite food is plain peanut butter and fruit snacks. (Separately, not together)
My favorite book is Spiderman.
My favorite movie is Cars.
My favorite friend is Jet.
My favorite toys is my cars.
My favorite animal is jaguars.
When I grow up, I want to be a sport player because I like to play sports.
I will probably make $1,000 a year.
I think I will get married.
I want to have 8 children.

*****

Also in the end-of-year book that the teacher created was a section in which each of the kids in the class answered why they liked each of the boys.  So sweet.

*****

I LIKE EVAN BECAUSE...
  • He's fun to play with. - Margaret
  • He's fun to be with. - Mason
  • He plays with me a lot. - Jet
  • He plays superheroes with me. - Parker
  • He brings fun toys to school. - Brody
  • He likes to play around with me. - Natalie
  • He always likes to play with me. - Brandon
  • He plays Ben 10 with me. - Lucas
  • He climbs with me a lot. - Noa

I LIKE BRANDON BECAUSE...
  • He's a good brother. - Margaret
  • He's so nice to me. - Mason
  • He's so fun to play with a lot. - Jet
  • He plays superheroes with me. - Parker
  • He shares his toys. - Brody
  • He plays and cleans up with me. - Natalie
  • He's my brother and I love him. - Evan
  • He likes me. - Lucas
  • He plays bricks with me. - Noa

(In case you were wondering, yes, there were only 10 kids in the class... 3 girls and 7 boys.  That teacher was super patient.)  :)

*****

Aren't I lucky to have such great kiddos? :)

No comments: