I am stealing a good chunk of this post from an email I sent to my friend Colleen tonight. I know she won't mind. :)
We had a crazy day here, so much so that I am totally and completely fried, even more so than usual. However, the kids are all clean, fed, and in bed, so that is success, right???
Zack had his 6-month check-up this morning while his brothers were at school. Everything checked out great. He weighed in at 14 lbs., 13 oz., up over 1.5 pounds since his last visit. This puts him back at the 10th percentile for weight. His height is 25.5 inches, which keeps him in the 25-50th percentile. So, he is growing right along the curve and doing well, thank goodness! The doctor gave us the nudge to get him started on solid foods, so look for that excitement coming soon. Zack did have to have 5 vaccinations today, though. Ugh. The nurse had trouble getting in all of his shots because he is strong enough to get his legs away from her. I hate the "hold them down for me" part!
After that, Zack and I jetted over to the school to pick up Evan and Brandon, ran home, fed everyone, and ran back out the door to get Evan to the dentist. Steve noticed last night that one of his front teeth was starting to look gray. It is also a little loose. :( We think it is related to a fall he had about two weeks ago from which he split his lip, although who knows. We did get good news from the x-ray, though... it doesn't look like any of the root is reabsorbing or infected, so we get to just kind of wait and see what happens. He has another x-ray scheduled for two months from now unless something takes a turn for the worse beforehand. Such fun.
This afternoon, Brandon and Evan decided not to take a nap. That was great. Instead they jumped up and down on their beds and took all of the sheets off. Nothing I said could deter them, so rather than giving myself a coronary, I just closed the door and let them do what they were going to do until I was ready for them to get up. Unfortunately for me, they decided to get naked and pee on their pile of pillows, sheets, and blankets on the floor. Super fun.
About then is when Zack started getting cranky from his shots.
I called Steve to tell him that things were not going well (hoping he would have some sympathy for me and try to get home as early as possible), at which point he told me that he would be at work really late tonight.
Zack then decided he didn't need a third nap today. As I was trying to coax him to sleep, his brothers were downstairs screaming about needing dinner. I just gave up and brought him down with me.
The bright spot in all of this is that the kids all went to bed early. Thank goodness!
I just keep telling myself that days like today are the exception, not the rule. I honestly can't believe I am still awake enough to be writing this. I am off to bed now - tomorrow is a whole new day!
3 comments:
The peeing on the pile of pillows and sheets happened to be my favorite. Of course it's always fun to notice a kid's tooth is all messed up :) Sorry for a trying day--they do come and go :)
You're killing me! I laughed out loud at the peeing part. Tomorrow (today) is a new day indeed. Hope it's going better. What can you do, right? If you end the day with the same number of kids you started with = success. Anything above that is gravy. :)
Oh Sara, I SO feel for you. Looks like 3 year old boys are certainly something, doesn't it. I've got some stories about painting the house with hand soap, and we went through quite a number of "peeing" months. Just had the rugs cleaned recently and I'm sorry to say that we've had an incident or two since then - I will say they've slowed way down. Don't know that that's any consolation to you. :) Thinking of you all!
Post a Comment