Monday, December 10, 2007

More winter excitement

We have been having lots more fun here, so I wanted to post another update! Actually, I am working hard now at posting sooner than later so that my posts aren't nine pages long! :)

The rest of this past week seemed to fly. On Friday night, we went with our friends the Costleys to their church for a Christmas party. It was a lot of fun! The highlight of the evening was hearing two of their girls, Lorin and Izzy, sing a duet during the children's Christmas pageant. They were adorable, and they both did a fantastic job! Brandon and Evan loved the party, especially when they discovered the nursery room at the church full of new toys. They didn't want to eat dinner, but their appetite amazingly returned when the cookies came out! During the pageant, I was really impressed with how well they did. Brandon and Evan each sat on our laps and watched the entire show, clapping and saying "yay!" after every song.

On Saturday, we had the great experience of taking the boys to the Michigan Firehouse Museum with a bunch of other MBA Kids. I think they are at about the perfect age to be super-excited about a place like that! We walked in, and the boys immediately wanted to run and point at everything. They were really good, too, which was a bonus because the museum amazingly was not very kid friendly (i.e. you couldn't touch hardly anything there). After checking out a ton of old fire trucks, the sleeping quarters, and the kitchen of the old firehouse, we went down to the basement to a kids' play area to run around with our friends.

The best shot I could get of Evan - he was so excited that he never stopped moving! :)

Brandon checking out an old fire engine.

Evan and Brandon playing with their friend Emmett in the play area downstairs. Isn't this such a BOY picture? :)

Evan and Brandon looking as cute as ever!

On Sunday morning, we celebrated the Feast of St. Nick. Yes, I realize that the actual day was Thursday, but I honestly kept forgetting! It is tradition in my family for St. Nick to come and leave gifts in our shoes. The boys were very excited to get Christmas ornaments to hang on the tree. In honor of this being the first year that Evan and Brandon are really excited about Christmas, the ornaments they got were very traditional: Santa and Frosty. :)

Brandon and Evan checking out their ornaments

Brandon hanging his ornament on the tree with Evan looking on

Brandon and Evan are constantly keeping me entertained here. They are coming into even more of a silly phase where they find so many random things funny. Last night, on the way out of the grocery store, Brandon and I slipped on the ice and almost fell. We caught ourselves, and I said, "Hooray for not falling!" The boys thought this was one of the funniest things I had ever said, and they yelled "Hooray falling!" the whole way home, laughing the entire time! :) Other funny things to them include Daddy yelling "goo goo ga!" and Mommy saying "Hey, Bucko!" They like to laugh about putting anything on as a hat (yesterday, it was a pair of mom's pants, and today it was a truck). Even peek-a-boo has become a laugh riot!

Oh how fun it is to be the mom of TWO boys who are almost two! :)

No comments: